2020-04-03 16:59:07

by Dave Taht

Subject: restarting efforts on AQL on intel wifi, at least?

the AQL patches for the ath10k finally landed in openwrt head, and were lovely:

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/aql-and-the-ath10k-is-lovely/

When I last looked the attempt to get at least some intel wifi chips
working with AQL had stalled out with
a variety of other problems. I've been sitting on a bunch of ax200
chips, and am feeling inspired to tackle those.

Any news on other chips like the ath11k?

--
Make Music, Not War

Dave Täht
CTO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-831-435-0729

2020-04-03 17:08:44

by Ben Greear

On 04/03/2020 09:56 AM, Dave Taht wrote:
> the AQL patches for the ath10k finally landed in openwrt head, and were lovely:
>
> https://forum.openwrt.org/t/aql-and-the-ath10k-is-lovely/
>
> When I last looked the attempt to get at least some intel wifi chips
> working with AQL had stalled out with
> a variety of other problems. I've been sitting on a bunch of ax200
> chips, and am feeling inspired to tackle those.

Hello Dave,

What features does a driver need to support AQL? The 'patch' to enable
it in ath10k-ct was just to enable a feature flag, so the underlying
features must have gone in earlier?

Thanks,
Ben

> Any news on other chips like the ath11k?

--
Ben Greear <[email protected]>