2013-01-11 19:45:12

by John W. Linville

Subject: wireless-regdb updated, please check!

All,

I've been sitting on some wireless-regdb patches for some time.
Mostly this is because I wasn't sure what to do with some/most of them.
I even still have a few more like that...

Anyway, I wanted to at least get the 60GHz bits out, and I pushed a
few other changes as well. Please take a look, and let me know if
I merged anything wrong or if there is still something missing.

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-regdb.git

Thanks!

John
--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email protected] might be all we have. Be ready.

2013-01-11 21:30:16

by John W. Linville

Subject: Re: wireless-regdb updated, please check!

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 09:54:27PM +0100, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> John W. Linville wrote:
>
> > I've been sitting on some wireless-regdb patches for some time.
> > Mostly this is because I wasn't sure what to do with some/most of them.
> > I even still have a few more like that...
> >
> > Anyway, I wanted to at least get the 60GHz bits out, and I pushed a
> > few other changes as well. Please take a look, and let me know if
> > I merged anything wrong or if there is still something missing.
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-regdb.git
>

> Did you forget CC:[email protected] ?

Well, sorta...but I'm not sure that you can prove that anyone actually
reads that list anyway... :-(

> How about these?
>
> CEPT rules to ES:
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/wireless-regdb/2012-July/000073.html
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/wireless-regdb/2012-July/000074.html
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/wireless-regdb/2012-July/000075.html

Yeah, those are probably fine. I'll try to pick those up in a few days...

John
--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email protected] might be all we have. Be ready.

2013-01-13 13:39:34

by Xose Vazquez Perez

On 01/11/2013 10:26 PM, John W. Linville wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 09:54:27PM +0100, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:

>> Did you forget CC:[email protected] ?

> Well, sorta...but I'm not sure that you can prove that anyone actually
> reads that list anyway... :-(

40 people:

14 gmail.com
3 qca.qualcomm.com
3 atheros.com
1 ya.ru
1 yahoo.com
1 wirelessfabric.com
1 watchguard.com
1 virscient.com
1 tuxdriver.com
1 tranzeo.com
1 slowthinkers.net
1 sipsolutions.net
1 samsung.com
1 posedge.com
1 parker.iz34.com
1 msn.com
1 motorola.com
1 mork.no
1 l2devices.com
1 iopen.net
1 intel.com
1 broadcom.com
1 axis.com

2013-01-11 23:40:13

by Johannes Berg

On Fri, 2013-01-11 at 14:39 -0500, John W. Linville wrote:
> All,
>
> I've been sitting on some wireless-regdb patches for some time.
> Mostly this is because I wasn't sure what to do with some/most of them.
> I even still have a few more like that...

Could you also apply "regdb: allow 40 MHz on world roaming channels
12/13" -- we've already applied the same change to the kernel's version
of the world roaming regdomain.

johannes

2013-01-13 13:25:45

by Xose Vazquez Perez

On 01/11/2013 10:26 PM, John W. Linville wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 09:54:27PM +0100, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:

>> How about these?
>>
>> CEPT rules to ES:
>> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/wireless-regdb/2012-July/000073.html
>> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/wireless-regdb/2012-July/000074.html
>> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/wireless-regdb/2012-July/000075.html

> Yeah, those are probably fine. I'll try to pick those up in a few days...

Someone should review all others CEPT countries, because those rules
also apply to all of them.

2013-01-11 20:54:33

by Xose Vazquez Perez