2013-02-01 16:13:49

by Johannes Berg

Subject: rfkill/iw tarballs moved

I've moved the rfkill and iw tarballs onto the proper kernel.org
storage, they're now available at

http://kernel.org/pub/software/network/rfkill/
and
http://kernel.org/pub/software/network/iw/

respectively. Properly signed (by me) with sha256sums provided by the
kernel.org robot.

I'm also asking John and Luis to move crda and wireless-regdb downloads,
they will be at

http://kernel.org/pub/software/network/crda/
and
http://kernel.org/pub/software/network/wireless-regdb/

johannes

2013-02-03 16:10:50

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: rfkill/iw tarballs moved

Hi Johannes,

> I've moved the rfkill and iw tarballs onto the proper kernel.org
> storage, they're now available at
>
> http://kernel.org/pub/software/network/rfkill/
> and
> http://kernel.org/pub/software/network/iw/
>
> respectively. Properly signed (by me) with sha256sums provided by the
> kernel.org robot.

any reason you guys did not pick pub/linux/network/ for these? Since
both tools are pretty much Linux only.

Regards

Marcel

2013-02-01 20:45:25

by John W. Linville

On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 05:14:10PM +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> I've moved the rfkill and iw tarballs onto the proper kernel.org
> storage, they're now available at
>
> http://kernel.org/pub/software/network/rfkill/
> and
> http://kernel.org/pub/software/network/iw/
>
> respectively. Properly signed (by me) with sha256sums provided by the
> kernel.org robot.
>
> I'm also asking John and Luis to move crda and wireless-regdb downloads,
> they will be at
>
> http://kernel.org/pub/software/network/crda/
> and
> http://kernel.org/pub/software/network/wireless-regdb/

I've copied the tarballs out there.

The old site has the bare regulatory.bin files published as well.
Do we need those?

John
--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email protected] might be all we have. Be ready.

2013-02-04 11:09:24

by Johannes Berg

On Sun, 2013-02-03 at 18:10 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> > I've moved the rfkill and iw tarballs onto the proper kernel.org
> > storage, they're now available at
> >
> > http://kernel.org/pub/software/network/rfkill/
> > and
> > http://kernel.org/pub/software/network/iw/
> >
> > respectively. Properly signed (by me) with sha256sums provided by the
> > kernel.org robot.
>
> any reason you guys did not pick pub/linux/network/ for these? Since
> both tools are pretty much Linux only.

It was just the first thing that came to mind, and Konstantin just put
it there. I don't really _care_ much, except that now I don't really
want to put it somewhere else again .... So I think it's just going to
stay there now :)

johannes