2013-05-21 23:07:32

by Samuel Ortiz

Subject: [GIT] [3.10] NFC fixes

Hi John,

This is the first batch of NFC fixes for 3.10, and it contains:

- 3 fixes for the NFC MEI support:
* We now depend on the correct Kconfig symbol.
* We register an MEI event callback whenever we enable an NFC device,
otherwise we fail to read anything after an enable/disable cycle.
* We only disable an MEI device from its disable mey_phy_ops,
preventing useless consecutive disable calls.

- An NFC Makefile cleanup, as I forgot to remove a commented out line when
moving the LLCP code to the NFC top level directory.

The following changes since commit 6bb4880d9ef30375da4507aeabd6dc261a2c6c2b:

ath9k: fix draining aggregation tid buffers (2013-05-17 14:31:09 -0400)

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sameo/nfc-fixes.git tags/nfc-fixes-3.10-1

for you to fetch changes up to e3a6b14ceda0207c3405c6266e5177a85c0db044:

NFC: mei: Do not disable MEI devices from their remove routine (2013-05-21 10:48:41 +0200)

Paul Bolle (1):
NFC: Remove commented out LLCP related Makefile line

Samuel Ortiz (3):
NFC: mei_phy depends on INTEL_MEI
NFC: mei_phy: Register event callback when enabling the device
NFC: mei: Do not disable MEI devices from their remove routine

drivers/nfc/Kconfig | 2 +-
drivers/nfc/mei_phy.c | 9 +++++++++
drivers/nfc/microread/mei.c | 20 +++++---------------
drivers/nfc/pn544/mei.c | 20 +++++---------------
net/nfc/Makefile | 1 -

Intel Open Source Technology Centre
http://oss.intel.com/

2013-05-22 18:30:10

by John W. Linville

Subject: Re: [GIT] [3.10] NFC fixes

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 01:07:11AM +0200, Samuel Ortiz wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> This is the first batch of NFC fixes for 3.10, and it contains:
>
> - 3 fixes for the NFC MEI support:
> * We now depend on the correct Kconfig symbol.
> * We register an MEI event callback whenever we enable an NFC device,
> otherwise we fail to read anything after an enable/disable cycle.
> * We only disable an MEI device from its disable mey_phy_ops,
> preventing useless consecutive disable calls.
>
> - An NFC Makefile cleanup, as I forgot to remove a commented out line when
> moving the LLCP code to the NFC top level directory.
>
> The following changes since commit 6bb4880d9ef30375da4507aeabd6dc261a2c6c2b:
>
> ath9k: fix draining aggregation tid buffers (2013-05-17 14:31:09 -0400)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sameo/nfc-fixes.git tags/nfc-fixes-3.10-1
>
> for you to fetch changes up to e3a6b14ceda0207c3405c6266e5177a85c0db044:
>
> NFC: mei: Do not disable MEI devices from their remove routine (2013-05-21 10:48:41 +0200)

Pulling now...

--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email protected] might be all we have. Be ready.

2013-06-13 09:02:47

by Samuel Ortiz

Hi John,

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 02:22:38PM -0400, John W. Linville wrote:
> Given recent events, I'm not sure that this is really acceptable as
> a fix request. The service bit and endianness in particular don't
> sound like they are addressing big problems, and the other two don't
> sound like they are really fixing any regressions either.
>
> Can these wait for 3.11?
I guess so, although they really are fixes.
I'll queue them in nfc-next and will send you a pull request.
Btw, are you going to merge wireless into wireless-next soon ?

Cheers,
Samuel.

--
Intel Open Source Technology Centre
http://oss.intel.com/

2013-06-13 15:30:10

by John W. Linville

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 11:02:09AM +0200, Samuel Ortiz wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 02:22:38PM -0400, John W. Linville wrote:
> > Given recent events, I'm not sure that this is really acceptable as
> > a fix request. The service bit and endianness in particular don't
> > sound like they are addressing big problems, and the other two don't
> > sound like they are really fixing any regressions either.
> >
> > Can these wait for 3.11?
> I guess so, although they really are fixes.

I don't doubt that they are fixes, but I think that Dave is trying
to clamp down to only 'important' fixes -- data loss, crashes, etc.

> I'll queue them in nfc-next and will send you a pull request.
> Btw, are you going to merge wireless into wireless-next soon ?

I merged the wireless tree into wireless-next yesterday.

John
--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email protected] might be all we have. Be ready.

2013-06-12 18:30:10

by John W. Linville