2016-10-03 13:48:20

by Bob Copeland

Subject: Final 4.8 w-t build is wt-2016-10-03

Per the subject, Linus released 4.8 yesterday so, unless I broke something
in recent conflict resolutions, wireless-testing is on pause until the
merge window closes in two weeks. Have a happy (Canadian) thanksgiving!

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/wireless/wireless-testing.git

--
Bob Copeland %% http://bobcopeland.com/

2016-10-03 15:44:52

by Bob Copeland

Subject: Re: Final 4.8 w-t build is wt-2016-10-03

On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 04:42:58PM +0200, Christian Lamparter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Monday, October 3, 2016 9:45:07 AM CEST Bob Copeland wrote:
> > Per the subject, Linus released 4.8 yesterday so, unless I broke something
> > in recent conflict resolutions, wireless-testing is on pause until the
> > merge window closes in two weeks. Have a happy (Canadian) thanksgiving!
> >
> > https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/wireless/wireless-testing.git
>
> Thanks for the timely update.
> I have a request: can you please pull Linus' kernel tags?
> Currently the last tag from Linus' is v4.4-rc4 [0] and
> everything between v4.4-rc5 and v4.8 is missing?!

Sure, I can start including them. I stopped pushing them in 4.4 era
because I thought it might be too cluttered to have these non-wt tags
sitting around, but it's no problem to go back and push the old ones
and do that going forward.

--
Bob Copeland %% http://bobcopeland.com/

2016-10-03 23:39:51

by Bob Copeland

On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 04:42:58PM +0200, Christian Lamparter wrote:
> Thanks for the timely update.
> I have a request: can you please pull Linus' kernel tags?
> Currently the last tag from Linus' is v4.4-rc4 [0] and
> everything between v4.4-rc5 and v4.8 is missing?!

I've done this now.

--
Bob Copeland %% http://bobcopeland.com/

2016-10-03 14:43:01

by Christian Lamparter

Hello,

On Monday, October 3, 2016 9:45:07 AM CEST Bob Copeland wrote:
> Per the subject, Linus released 4.8 yesterday so, unless I broke something
> in recent conflict resolutions, wireless-testing is on pause until the
> merge window closes in two weeks. Have a happy (Canadian) thanksgiving!
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/wireless/wireless-testing.git

Thanks for the timely update.
I have a request: can you please pull Linus' kernel tags?
Currently the last tag from Linus' is v4.4-rc4 [0] and
everything between v4.4-rc5 and v4.8 is missing?!

Regards,
Christian

[0] <https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/wireless/wireless-testing.git/refs/tags>