2017-07-11 14:24:18

by David Miller

Subject: net-next STATUS page

It has gotten to the point that even casually walking around
Faro, Portugal last week, random German tourists would stop
me in the street and ask if net-next was open or not.

Therefore, in order to avoid any and all confusion I have created this
web site:

http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html

Please refer to it if you are ever in doubt.

Thanks!

2017-07-11 15:05:29

by Jiri Pirko

Subject: Re: net-next STATUS page

Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 04:24:16PM CEST, [email protected] wrote:

>It has gotten to the point that even casually walking around
>Faro, Portugal last week, random German tourists would stop
>me in the street and ask if net-next was open or not.
>
>Therefore, in order to avoid any and all confusion I have created this
>web site:
>
> http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html

Hallelujah!

You remember I suggested this couple of years ago? :)

2017-07-11 15:15:05

by Phil Sutter

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 05:05:06PM +0200, Jiri Pirko wrote:
> Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 04:24:16PM CEST, [email protected] wrote:
> >
> >It has gotten to the point that even casually walking around
> >Faro, Portugal last week, random German tourists would stop
> >me in the street and ask if net-next was open or not.
> >
> >Therefore, in order to avoid any and all confusion I have created this
> >web site:
> >
> > http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html
>
> Hallelujah!
>
> You remember I suggested this couple of years ago? :)

Never underestimate the power of German tourists. I even heard stories
about them causing bad dreams!

Cheers, Phil

2017-07-13 08:56:42

by Jiri Pirko

Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 08:58:41PM CEST, [email protected] wrote:
>On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 07:24:16 -0700 (PDT)
>David Miller <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> It has gotten to the point that even casually walking around
>> Faro, Portugal last week, random German tourists would stop
>> me in the street and ask if net-next was open or not.
>>
>> Therefore, in order to avoid any and all confusion I have created this
>> web site:
>>
>> http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html
>>
>> Please refer to it if you are ever in doubt.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
>Where is the app?

There would be good to have git-send-email hook to check this :)

2017-07-11 16:50:16

by Cong Wang

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 7:24 AM, David Miller <[email protected]> wrote:

> It has gotten to the point that even casually walking around
> Faro, Portugal last week, random German tourists would stop
> me in the street and ask if net-next was open or not.
>
> Therefore, in order to avoid any and all confusion I have created this
> web site:
>
> http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html
>
> Please refer to it if you are ever in doubt.

Can we update netdev-FAQ too? ;)

2017-07-13 11:54:06

by Jan Engelhardt

On Thursday 2017-07-13 13:32, Saeed Mahameed wrote:

> You will need an image processing algorithm to determine whether it is open or
> close, i have some good neural network algorithms if you are interested :)

That's not going to win any hacker prize.

A much more resource-saving approach is to just strcasestr(s, "closed")
in the raw text. …at least while the page maintainer remains
good-hearted.

2017-07-11 18:58:48

by Stephen Hemminger

On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 07:24:16 -0700 (PDT)
David Miller <[email protected]> wrote:

> It has gotten to the point that even casually walking around
> Faro, Portugal last week, random German tourists would stop
> me in the street and ask if net-next was open or not.
>
> Therefore, in order to avoid any and all confusion I have created this
> web site:
>
> http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html
>
> Please refer to it if you are ever in doubt.
>
> Thanks!

Where is the app?

2017-07-13 11:32:55

by Saeed Mahameed