2013-03-26 17:15:13

by nick

Subject: Missing firmware file, fw_ext.ram.bin .

Hi,

When I insert my ath6kl_usb based wifi device, I see that /var/log/messages says that it can't load two firmware files:

softmac.bin
and
fw_ext.ram.bin

Neither of these files are found in the source package.

I am guessing that the softmac.bin is just a method of using a different MAC address during development - and is probably optional.

But, what about the fw_ext.ram.bin file.

Is that necessary?

Regards

Nick Thomas

2013-03-26 21:24:24

by nick

Subject: RE: Missing firmware file, fw_ext.ram.bin .

I found another firmware file in the package - called fw_ext.ram_64k.bin .

But, why does the code refer to a file called fw_ext.ram.bin ?!?!?

Regards

Nick