2013-03-08 11:25:31

by nick

Subject: ath6kl build error.

Hi,

I'm getting a build error when building ath6kl modules.

include/linux/mmc/sdio_func.h:162:12: error: expected identifier or '(' before numeric constant

the line it's complaining about is like this:

extern int sdio_set_host_pm_flags(struct sdio_func *func, mmc_pm_flag_t flags);

A bit of googling has shown that others have seen the same problem too.
But, I've not seen a fix for it.

Any ideas appreciated.

Regards

Nick Thomas

2013-03-08 18:39:51

by Larry Finger

Subject: Re: ath6kl build error.

On 03/08/2013 05:25 AM, [email protected] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting a build error when building ath6kl modules.
>
> include/linux/mmc/sdio_func.h:162:12: error: expected identifier or '(' before numeric constant
>
> the line it's complaining about is like this:
>
> extern int sdio_set_host_pm_flags(struct sdio_func *func, mmc_pm_flag_t flags);
>

> A bit of googling has shown that others have seen the same problem too.
> But, I've not seen a fix for it.
>
> Any ideas appreciated.

The complete gcc error output would be helpful.

What kernel are you using? A quick check of 3.9-rc1 shows that "struct
sdio_func" is defined in include/linux/mmc/sdio_func.h, which is included from
both drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/init.c and
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/sdio.c. The symbol "mmc_pm_flag_t" is defined in
include/linux/mmc/pm.h, which is included in include/linux/mmc/sdio_func.h. It
seems unlikely that either "extern" or "int" is undefined, thus the error is
hard to understand.

Larry

2013-03-09 06:21:52

by Kalle Valo

Larry Finger <[email protected]> writes:

> On 03/08/2013 05:25 AM, [email protected] wrote:
>>
>> I'm getting a build error when building ath6kl modules.
>>
>> include/linux/mmc/sdio_func.h:162:12: error: expected identifier or '(' before numeric constant
>>
>> the line it's complaining about is like this:
>>
>> extern int sdio_set_host_pm_flags(struct sdio_func *func, mmc_pm_flag_t flags);
>>

>> A bit of googling has shown that others have seen the same problem too.
>> But, I've not seen a fix for it.
>>
>> Any ideas appreciated.
>
> The complete gcc error output would be helpful.
>
> What kernel are you using?

I think he's using compat-driver and compiling against some old vendor
kernel.

--
Kalle Valo

2013-03-10 14:13:50

by nick

Hi,

My compilation problem comes down to this:

In drivers/include_local/linux/compat-2.6.34.h .

I see this:

#define sdio_set_host_pm_flags(a, b) 0

That's causing my compiler problem.

I'm going to have to locally patch the tree to fix this.

Regards

Nick