2013-11-19 02:21:07

by Gustavo Azambuja

Subject: Re: NL80211_CMD_NEW_STATION result: -105 (No buffer space available)

Hi, I recently installed in my raspberry pi Raspbian with hostapd 1.0, I
want to make my own Hotspot, but follow all tutorials, I can only get up to
6 stations connected at the same time.

The next error apper with the #7 client try to connect:
*NL80211_CMD_NEW_STATION result: -105 (No buffer space available)*

How I can resize this and make more clients can connect to my device?

Im using TL-WN722N dongle.

Thanks in advice!

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 12:17 AM, Gustavo Azambuja
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi, I recently installed in my raspberry pi Raspbian with hostapd 1.0, I
> want to make my own Hotspot, but follow all tutorials, I can only get up to
> 6 stations connected at the same time.
>
> The next error apper with the #7 client try to connect:
> *NL80211_CMD_NEW_STATION result: -105 (No buffer space available)*
>
> How I can resize this and make more clients can connect to my device?
>
> Im using TL-WN722N dongle.
>
> Thanks in advice!
>
> Gustavo

2013-11-19 04:12:47

by Thomas Pedersen

Hi Gustavo,

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 6:20 PM, Gustavo Azambuja
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi, I recently installed in my raspberry pi Raspbian with hostapd 1.0, I
> want to make my own Hotspot, but follow all tutorials, I can only get up to
> 6 stations connected at the same time.
>
> The next error apper with the #7 client try to connect:
> *NL80211_CMD_NEW_STATION result: -105 (No buffer space available)*
>
> How I can resize this and make more clients can connect to my device?
>
> Im using TL-WN722N dongle.

That devices contains an AR9271, which uses the ath9k_htc driver. The
number of stations you can maintain is limited by the device RAM.
Luckily the AR9271 firmware is now GPL [1] so you can hack on this
yourself I'm not quite sure what the upper limit is, but we've raised
it to 16 without seeing any obvious breakage.

Try modifying ATH9K_HTC_MAX_STA in the ath9k_htc driver and
ATH_NODE_MAX [2] in the firmware.

[1] https://github.com/qca/open-ath9k-htc-firmware
[2] https://github.com/qca/open-ath9k-htc-firmware/blob/master/target_firmware/wlan/include/wlan_hdr.h#L99

--
Thomas

2013-11-19 04:01:34

by Ben Greear

On 11/18/2013 06:20 PM, Gustavo Azambuja wrote:
> Hi, I recently installed in my raspberry pi Raspbian with hostapd 1.0, I
> want to make my own Hotspot, but follow all tutorials, I can only get up to
> 6 stations connected at the same time.
>
> The next error apper with the #7 client try to connect:
> *NL80211_CMD_NEW_STATION result: -105 (No buffer space available)*
>
> How I can resize this and make more clients can connect to my device?
>
> Im using TL-WN722N dongle.

You are probably hitting the firmware limit.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <[email protected]>