2022-05-11 16:22:14

by Seth Forshee

Subject: Re: wireless-regdb: Update regulatory rules for Canada (CA) on 6GHz

On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 05:56:43PM +0000, Claudio Menendez wrote:
> Hi Seth,
>
> I tried to commit diff to add the 6Ghz band for Canada on the db.txt, but I believe I did it wrong - sorry, I am a newbie at git.
>
> Anyway, below you can see the resolution from ISED to allow indoor use on the 6 GHz band to a max channel of 320 with a max e.i.r.p of 24 dBm. The radio standard specification (RSS-248) is dated last November, and I did not see it in the latest version of the DB.txt.
>
> Please advise if you need any clarification.

Thanks for the messages, and sorry about the delay in responding. I just
applied a patch to enable 6GHz in Canada. Note though that it has a
power limit of 12 dBm as a result of the PSD limits, which are not
currently supported directly in Linux or wireless-regdb. This is
described in detail in the patch description.

Thanks,
Seth