2022-05-19 12:57:47

by Arend van Spriel

Subject: Re: brcm: provide firmwares for BCM4364 chipset

+ linux-wireless

On 5/11/2022 2:23 PM, Carsten Burkhardt wrote:
> Hello Arend,
>
> on searching for firmware brcmfmac4364-pcie.bin I have seen the
> possibility to provide this directly from Broadcom to the kernel:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/commit/brcm/brcmfmac4366c-pcie.bin?id=211de1679a68b8ab0f841a8058df35e13e3963f0
>

> Can you please add the firmware brcmfmac4364-pcie.bin directly to the
> kernel repository?

As always there is a catch when it comes to firmware. In order to submit
firmware to linux-firmware we need to get approval to release it under
the terms stated in LICENCE.broadcom_bcm43xx as present in the
linux-firmware repository. That SLA allows redistribution of the
firmware which is the type of license that linux distros need for their
linux releases. I will make inventory of the firmware files that are
currently missing and try to get approval (again).

Regards,
Arend

Attachments:
smime.p7s (4.12 kB)