2013-04-25 20:09:41

by David Miller

Subject: NFC cleanup request

Please do not have object targets in a directory other than the one
the Makefile is in, that is what net/nfc/Makefile is doing with the
stuff under llcp/

It means that you can't do:

make net/nfc/llcp/sock.o

which I use on pretty much every patch I apply as a quick sanity
check before I fire off a full allmodconfig build.

2013-04-26 14:23:06

by Samuel Ortiz

Subject: Re: NFC cleanup request

Hi David,

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 04:09:37PM -0400, David Miller wrote:

> Please do not have object targets in a directory other than the one
> the Makefile is in, that is what net/nfc/Makefile is doing with the
> stuff under llcp/
>
> It means that you can't do:
>
> make net/nfc/llcp/sock.o
>
> which I use on pretty much every patch I apply as a quick sanity
> check before I fire off a full allmodconfig build.
Sorry about that.
I sent a pull request to John that will fix that issue.

Cheers,
Samuel.

--
Intel Open Source Technology Centre