2013-05-15 10:26:38

by Valentin Kulesh

Subject: iwlwifi AP (Master) mode support, Request for comments on

Hello!

I'm building lightweight Linux-based workgroup servers with integrated
wireless access point. Until now I used second-hand Broadcom-based
devices, but it turned out that at least one major hardware retailer
in the area (Moscow) does sell Intel wireless adapters.
Linux wireless wiki points that AP mode is supported by iwlwifi
driver, but only for some devices.
Product briefs are not clear whether devices support AP mode. I tried
to find technical product specifications for recent Intel Centrino
wireless products, but I've failed.

Could you please clarify which devices support which modes at the moment?

Valentin Kulesh / Валентин Кулеш
skype:valentin.kulesh | tel:+7(903)5440349