2002-09-17 04:51:04

by Rob Speer

[permalink] [raw]
Subject: DMA finally works! Thanks!

Now that I'm using -pre7, DMA finally works on my Intel 845G controller
that was being such a pain in the ass.

Someone out there, possibly Andre, rules. Great work.
--
Rob Speer


2002-09-17 07:46:21

by Andre Hedrick

[permalink] [raw]
Subject: Re: DMA finally works! Thanks!

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Rob Speer wrote:

> Now that I'm using -pre7, DMA finally works on my Intel 845G controller
> that was being such a pain in the ass.
>
> Someone out there, possibly Andre, rules. Great work.

I did not touch -pre7 directly, maybe Alan Cox filtered some goodies.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group

2002-09-17 10:41:02

by Alan Cox

[permalink] [raw]
Subject: Re: DMA finally works! Thanks!

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 08:48, Andre Hedrick wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Rob Speer wrote:
>
> > Now that I'm using -pre7, DMA finally works on my Intel 845G controller
> > that was being such a pain in the ass.
> >
> > Someone out there, possibly Andre, rules. Great work.
>
> I did not touch -pre7 directly, maybe Alan Cox filtered some goodies.

I filtered out the PCI changes and the pci_enable_bars code. So its my
work, but Andre's explanations about what we should be doing

2002-09-23 01:04:06

by Seth Z. Dickerson

[permalink] [raw]
Subject: Re: DMA finally works! Thanks!

>On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 5:48 Alan Cox Wrote:
>On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 08:48, Andre Hedrick wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Rob Speer wrote:
>>
>> > Now that I'm using -pre7, DMA finally works on my Intel 845G controller
>> > that was being such a pain in the ass.
>> >
>> > Someone out there, possibly Andre, rules. Great work.
>>
>> I did not touch -pre7 directly, maybe Alan Cox filtered some goodies.
>
>
>I filtered out the PCI changes and the pci_enable_bars code. So its my
>work, but Andre's explanations about what we should be doing

Just an fyi, with -pre7 the onboard IDE controller works, but the onboard
audio driver (810-compatible) does not.
With -p437-ac3 the 845G's IDE controller is broken again (no more DMA), but
the onboard audio (810-compatible) is fixed.