2015-07-15 06:03:15

by Valentin Rothberg

Subject: ARM: imx: mx6ul: PINCTRL_IMX6UL

Hi Frank,

your commit 022d0716bb7e ("ARM: imx: add i.mx6ul msl support") has
shown up in today's linux-next tree (i.e., next-20150715) adding the
following lines of Kconfig code:

+config SOC_IMX6UL
+ bool "i.MX6 UltraLite support"
+ select PINCTRL_IMX6UL
[...]

The select on PINCTRL_IMX6UL is currently a NOP, since the option is
nowhere defined in Kconfig. I did some research on the web, but could
not find any hint that this option is being added somewhere. Do you
know if there is a patch queued somewhere that adds this Kconfig
option?

I detected the issue with scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.py.

Kind regards,
Valentin

2015-07-15 06:18:44

by Shawn Guo

Subject: Re: ARM: imx: mx6ul: PINCTRL_IMX6UL

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 08:02:43AM +0200, Valentin Rothberg wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> your commit 022d0716bb7e ("ARM: imx: add i.mx6ul msl support") has
> shown up in today's linux-next tree (i.e., next-20150715) adding the
> following lines of Kconfig code:
>
> +config SOC_IMX6UL
> + bool "i.MX6 UltraLite support"
> + select PINCTRL_IMX6UL
> [...]
>
> The select on PINCTRL_IMX6UL is currently a NOP, since the option is
> nowhere defined in Kconfig. I did some research on the web, but could
> not find any hint that this option is being added somewhere. Do you
> know if there is a patch queued somewhere that adds this Kconfig
> option?
>
> I detected the issue with scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.py.

Valentin,

LinusW queued the pinctrl driver patch for 4.3, which should show up on
linux-next quite soon, I believe.

Shawn

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.gpio/8992/focus=127904

2015-07-15 06:23:03

by Valentin Rothberg

Hi Shawn,

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 8:18 AM, Shawn Guo <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 08:02:43AM +0200, Valentin Rothberg wrote:
>> Hi Frank,
>>
>> your commit 022d0716bb7e ("ARM: imx: add i.mx6ul msl support") has
>> shown up in today's linux-next tree (i.e., next-20150715) adding the
>> following lines of Kconfig code:
>>
>> +config SOC_IMX6UL
>> + bool "i.MX6 UltraLite support"
>> + select PINCTRL_IMX6UL
>> [...]
>>
>> The select on PINCTRL_IMX6UL is currently a NOP, since the option is
>> nowhere defined in Kconfig. I did some research on the web, but could
>> not find any hint that this option is being added somewhere. Do you
>> know if there is a patch queued somewhere that adds this Kconfig
>> option?
>>
>> I detected the issue with scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.py.
>
> Valentin,
>
> LinusW queued the pinctrl driver patch for 4.3, which should show up on
> linux-next quite soon, I believe.
>
> Shawn

thanks for your answer. I should have been able to find that, sorry
for the noise.

Thanks,
Valentin

> [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.gpio/8992/focus=127904

2015-07-17 12:27:24

by Linus Walleij

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 8:18 AM, Shawn Guo <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 08:02:43AM +0200, Valentin Rothberg wrote:

>> The select on PINCTRL_IMX6UL is currently a NOP, since the option is
>> nowhere defined in Kconfig. I did some research on the web, but could
>> not find any hint that this option is being added somewhere. Do you
>> know if there is a patch queued somewhere that adds this Kconfig
>> option?
>>
>> I detected the issue with scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.py.
>
> Valentin,
>
> LinusW queued the pinctrl driver patch for 4.3, which should show up on
> linux-next quite soon, I believe.

Yeah it's in there now, was doing some stockpiling before pushing
for next, sorry.

Yours,
Linus Walleij