2016-11-18 11:03:01

by Pavel Machek

Subject: v4.9-rc3: graphical artefacts in X

Hi!

With v4.9, if I maximize "nowcast -x" application, I get broken
display (as if someone split the window into rectangles and shuffled
them a bit). Switching virtual desktops either fixes it or breaks it,
depending in how fast I switch. (Yes, strange).

pavel@amd:~$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4 Series Chipset
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
pavel@amd:~$

Recompile, reboot, and graphics is okay.

(On thinkpad x60, I have seen other strange problems, mostly when I maximize
video, but not as easily reproducible).

Pavel

(No filename) (721.00 B)
signature.asc (181.00 B)
Digital signature

by Chris Wilson

Subject: Re: [Intel-gfx] v4.9-rc3: graphical artefacts in X

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 12:02:56PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> With v4.9, if I maximize "nowcast -x" application, I get broken
> display (as if someone split the window into rectangles and shuffled
> them a bit). Switching virtual desktops either fixes it or breaks it,
> depending in how fast I switch. (Yes, strange).

The fix should have landed in v4.9-rc5
-Chris

by Pavel Machek

On Fri 2016-11-18 11:14:16, Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 12:02:56PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > With v4.9, if I maximize "nowcast -x" application, I get broken
> > display (as if someone split the window into rectangles and shuffled
> > them a bit). Switching virtual desktops either fixes it or breaks it,
> > depending in how fast I switch. (Yes, strange).
>
> The fix should have landed in v4.9-rc5

Yep, I just tested -rc5, and problem seems gone. Thanks!
Pavel

(No filename) (645.00 B)
signature.asc (181.00 B)
Digital signature