2000-11-07 10:45:39

by Ruth Ivimey-Cook

Subject: ne2k/wd3018 driver

Hi folks,

Does anyone know why a Linux ethernet driver might appear to be up &
working (that is, no errors, ifconfig says UP, etc), and the board has a
link light on it, but the hub link light is not on and no packets are
transmitted or received? rmmod/insmod of the driver doesn't help.

I have an ne2k/ISA Atlantic card that is doing this in either wd or ne mode
with a 2.2.14 kernel, and can't get it running... help!

Ruth
--

Ruth
Ivimey-Cook [email protected]

2000-11-07 12:25:17

by Alan

Subject: Re: ne2k/wd3018 driver

> Does anyone know why a Linux ethernet driver might appear to be up &
> working (that is, no errors, ifconfig says UP, etc), and the board has a
> link light on it, but the hub link light is not on and no packets are
> transmitted or received? rmmod/insmod of the driver doesn't help.
>
> I have an ne2k/ISA Atlantic card that is doing this in either wd or ne mode
> with a 2.2.14 kernel, and can't get it running... help!

Plug the cable into the hub before powering up the chip ? I have at least one
crap ne2k clone that only does the detect at boot