2000-11-10 19:34:42

by Horst H. von Brand

Subject: Re: [Fwd: sendmail fails to deliver mail with attachments in /var/spool/mqueue]

"Jeff V. Merkey" <[email protected]> said:
> Horst von Brand wrote:

[...]

> > I've been using sendmail-8.11.1 (no encryption) to talk to MTAs all over

> Turn on encryption, and try sending attachements > 1MB and tell me if
> you see any problems, like emails sitting in /var/spool/mqueue for a day
> or two until they go out. I can guarantee you will.

No encryption use; and the maximal message size is 1Mb (for sanity's sake,
after somebody sent a PowerPoint presentation (some 3Mb), then thought that
perhaps the target didn't have PowerPoint, and sent it again with the
PowerPoint package, then noticed this might not work either, and sent it
_again_ with the full MS Office attached... the joys of sysadminning ;-)
--
Dr. Horst H. von Brand mailto:[email protected]