2000-11-13 07:24:22

by Tom Holroyd

Subject: memory.c:83: bad pmd 0000000000000001

memory.c:83: bad pmd 0000000000000001

Alpha DP264 UP

2.4.0-test10 (not pre)

I never got a bad pmd before. I booted test10 on Nov 6, and I've gotten
bad pmd's about once a day (5 so far) since then. I don't think it's
hardware. I was running test10preX (circa Oct 24) for a while, and never
got it (and various test1-9 before that), so it has to be something in one
of the later test10pre versions.

It's coming from mm/memory.c:free_one_pmd().

Compiled with gcc 2.95.2 19991024 (release).

Dr. Tom Holroyd
"I am, as I said, inspired by the biological phenomena in which
chemical forces are used in repetitious fashion to produce all
kinds of weird effects (one of which is the author)."
-- Richard Feynman, _There's Plenty of Room at the Bottom_