2000-11-14 17:15:15

by Bill Wendling

Subject: Laggin Mouse on IBM Thinkpad 240

Hi all,

Whenever my IBM Thinkpad 240 (running 2.2.17 with apmd) goes into
``sleep'' mode and then wakes up, the mouse and typing tend to lag quite
a bit. So much so that it becomes very hard to get anything done on the
machine. This happens mostly when it's in battery mode (not plugged in)
but occaisionally occurs when it's plugged in.

The .config file options I have turned on for power management are:

CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
# CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE is not set
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_MULTIPLE_SUSPEND=y
CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_SUSPEND_BOUNCE=y
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOWS_INTS is not set
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

I've tried the 2.4.0test* kernels with similar results...