2000-11-15 16:31:37

by Aamir Dogar

Subject: Newbie

Hi There,

i am new to kernal development.
i just need a good Kernal Programming-HowTo.
could someone please let me know about this and about other useful info
about kernal programming that can help me to start kernal programming.

thanks in advance
Aamir

2000-11-15 16:38:38

by Tigran Aivazian

Subject: Re: Newbie

~

> i just need a good Kernal Programming-HowTo.
~

> could someone please let me know about this and about other useful info
> about kernal programming that can help me to start kernal programming.
~ ~

Hi Aamir,

There are two things you need to do, in this order:

a) learn how to spell the word "kernel" (absolutely essential :)

b) read the resources mentioned in the
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/kernel-docs.txt

Regards,
Tigran

2000-11-15 17:14:03

by John Levon

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> b) read the resources mentioned in the
> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/kernel-docs.txt
>
> Regards,
> Tigran

Even better, just follow links from http://www.kernelnewbies.org/
which is a superset of this file (and links to the online version of it).

john

2000-11-15 18:41:42

by Richard J Moore

Not even Intel can spell kernal [sic] - see 486 Programmer's reference -
description of protection mechanism.

BTW one of the enhancements to the Pentium was an improvement in the
spelling of kernel. :-)

Richard Moore - RAS Project Lead - Linux Technology Centre (PISC).

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux
Office: (+44) (0)1962-817072, Mobile: (+44) (0)7768-298183
IBM UK Ltd, MP135 Galileo Centre, Hursley Park, Winchester, SO21 2JN, UK