2000-11-21 09:54:22[permalink] [raw]
Version 1.6 of my x86 performance-monitoring counters driver is
now available at http://www.csd.uu.se/~mikpe/linux/perfctr/.
Summary of changes since version 1.5:
Version 1.6, 2000-11-21
- Updated for kernels 2.4.0-test11 and 2.2.18pre22.
- Preliminary implementation of /proc/self/perfctr as a more direct
way of accessing one's virtual perfctrs. (If this works out,
the /dev/perfctr interface to vperfctrs will be phased out.)
The driver can still be built as an autoloadable module.
(For now, only supported in 2.2.18pre22 and 2.4.0-test11.)
- Some user-space library API changes to accommodate /proc/self/perfctr.
- The per-process virtual TSC is no longer restarted from zero
when the perfctrs are reprogrammed, which allows it to be used
as a high-res per-process clock (i.e. gethrvtime()).
- Rewrote the `command' example application to use perfctr inheritance
instead of the recently removed "remote control" facility.
- WinChip documentation updates and corrections.
/ Mikael Pettersson