2000-11-21 14:36:59

by Dennis Noordsij

Subject: Framebuffer orientation

Hi,

Is there any way to use the framebuffer on the i386 architecture in a
'portrait' way? I am using a QBE web tablet and it favours the screen in that
position. (768x1024).

I know X can do it for a few videocards, but not this one :-)

Regards,
Dennis

2000-11-21 14:45:10

by jg

Subject: Re: Framebuffer orientation

The right place to ask is "[email protected]".

The answer is that if performance is not a major issue, implementing
this for a given graphics card is now pretty easy, using the shadow
frame buffer code.

For straight frame buffers, the TinyX server will now do this "out of the
box".
- Jim

> Sender: [email protected]
> From: Dennis Noordsij <[email protected]>
> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:07:26 +0200
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Framebuffer orientation
> -----
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to use the framebuffer on the i386 architecture in a
> 'portrait' way? I am using a QBE web tablet and it favours the screen in that
> position. (768x1024).
>
> I know X can do it for a few videocards, but not this one :-)
>

> Regards,
> Dennis
> -

Jim Gettys