- OSB4 isn't marked (EXPERIMENTAL) in drivers/ide/Config.in so it
shouldn't be marked so in Configure.help.
- PDC202XX driver also supports PDC20265.
- new VIA82CXXX driver removed kernel command line option (FIFO
setting) and CONFIG_VIA82CXX_TUNING
--- linux-240t11/drivers/ide/Configure.help Sun Nov 19 00:22:49 2000
+++ linux/drivers/ide/Configure.help Tue Nov 21 15:45:16 2000
@@ -868,9 +868,9 @@
This is a driver for the OPTi 82C621 EIDE controller.
Please read the comments at the top of drivers/ide/opti621.c.
-ServerWorks OSB4 chipset support (EXPERIMENTAL)
+ServerWorks OSB4 chipset support
- This driver adds PIO/DMA support for the Serverworks OSB4 chipset
+ This driver adds PIO/(U)DMA support for the ServerWorks OSB4 chipset.
Intel PIIXn chipsets support
@@ -898,7 +898,7 @@
If unsure, say N.
-PROMISE PDC20246/PDC20262/PDC20267 support
+PROMISE PDC20246/PDC20262/PDC20265/PDC20267 support
Promise Ultra33 or PDC20246
Promise Ultra66 or PDC20262
@@ -972,23 +972,15 @@
VIA82CXXX chipset support
This allows you to to configure your chipset for a better use while
- running (U)DMA: it will allow you to enable efficiently the second
- channel dma usage, as it may not be set by BIOS. It allows you to
- pass a kernel command line at boot time in order to set fifo
- config. If no command line is provided, it will try to set fifo
+ running PIO/(U)DMA, it will allow you to enable efficiently the second
+ channel dma usage, as it may not be set by BIOS. It will try to set fifo
configuration at its best. It will allow you to get information from
- /proc/ide/via provided you enabled "proc" support.
+ /proc/ide/via provided you enabled "/proc file system" support.
Please read the comments at the top of drivers/ide/via82cxxx.c
If you say Y here, then say Y to "Use DMA by default when available"
- If unsure, say N.
-VIA82CXXX Tuning support (WIP)
- Please read the comments at the top of drivers/ide/via82cxxx.c
If unsure, say N.