2000-11-27 22:49:36

by Georg Nikodym

Subject: aironet4500_cs

Am I foolish to expect the aironet4500_cs (and friends) to work with
my shiny new Cisco Aironet 340 pcmcia card?

If not, anybody got any helpful hints on how to get things off the
ground?

2000-11-28 13:36:14

by Matti Aarnio

Subject: Re: aironet4500_cs

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 05:19:07PM -0500, Georg Nikodym wrote:
> Am I foolish to expect the aironet4500_cs (and friends) to work with
> my shiny new Cisco Aironet 340 pcmcia card?

One of my collegues is using Aironet 342 card at his Linux
laptop with lattest PCMCIA-CS package.

The basic card functionality is ok, but hardware crypto usage
isn't (string/buffer overflows, and some runtime parameter
passing stupidities) - he made some patches to get 128 bit
crypto to work.

> If not, anybody got any helpful hints on how to get things off the
> ground?

/Matti Aarnio