2000-12-03 14:00:25

by Roderich Schupp

Subject: Problems with CDROMVOLCTRL

Hi,
CDROMVOLCTRL does not work with my configuration in test11.
The ioctl always returns an error and volume stays the same
(seen with xmcd and gtcd). I tried the patch at

*.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/axboe/patches/2.4.0-test11/cd-1.bz2

This changed the error code from some bogus large positive number
to -EOPNOTSUPP :) However, volume control works fine in 2.2.17,
so the hardware shouldn't be the culprit.
The cdrom drive in question is an old TEAC CD-56S on an
Adaptec AHA-2940 (narrow) controller.

Cheers, Roderich
--
There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with
a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road.

-- Hagakure - The Book of the Samurai

Roderich Schupp mailto:[email protected]
ExperTeam GmbH http://www.experteam.de/
Munich, Germany

2000-12-05 16:50:14

by Jens Axboe

Subject: Re: Problems with CDROMVOLCTRL

On Sun, Dec 03 2000, Roderich Schupp wrote:
> Hi,
> CDROMVOLCTRL does not work with my configuration in test11.
> The ioctl always returns an error and volume stays the same
> (seen with xmcd and gtcd). I tried the patch at
>
> *.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/axboe/patches/2.4.0-test11/cd-1.bz2
>
> This changed the error code from some bogus large positive number
> to -EOPNOTSUPP :) However, volume control works fine in 2.2.17,
> so the hardware shouldn't be the culprit.
> The cdrom drive in question is an old TEAC CD-56S on an
> Adaptec AHA-2940 (narrow) controller.

Please send me contents of /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info and the sr
load info.

--
* Jens Axboe <[email protected]>
* SuSE Labs