2000-12-08 13:27:19

by sswapnee

Subject: Unresolved symbol problem

Hello,

I am new to linux world and currently learning to write device drivers and
modules. This question might have been
repeated many times on the list but I havent found any satisfactory answer
in the archives hence I am posting this question
again. While loading the module, the insmod complains about several
unresolved symbols namely securebits, printk, dput, d_alloc_root,
__generic_copy_to_user etc. I am not using any of these but still I am
getting the errors. Can someone please
tell me why am I getting this error? How to resolve this error?

I am using Linux 2.4.0-test10 on Intel Pentium box.

Thanking you in anticipation
Swapneel