2002-06-20 12:58:53

by William Thompson

Subject: Problem with raid0 with 2.4.19-pre10-ac2

I create a 2 disk raid 0. I stop it and attempt to start it again and it
doesn't start. It apparently doesn't write out the persistant super block.
I did not reboot when i did this. I don't have a transcript of what
happened. I can get it later if it's needed.

Who writes the superblock anyway? mkraid or the kernel driver?

2002-06-20 21:26:02

by Wakko Warner

Subject: Re: Problem with raid0 with 2.4.19-pre10-ac2

> I create a 2 disk raid 0. I stop it and attempt to start it again and it
> doesn't start. It apparently doesn't write out the persistant super block.
> I did not reboot when i did this. I don't have a transcript of what
> happened. I can get it later if it's needed.
>
> Who writes the superblock anyway? mkraid or the kernel driver?

Forget this, the problem was the order of /etc/raidtab.

by NeilBrown

On Thursday June 20, [email protected] wrote:

> Who writes the superblock anyway? mkraid or the kernel driver?

The kernel driver.

NeilBrown