2008-09-17 20:50:45

by Bobby Beckmann

Subject: Getting the driver to recognize my bluetooth device

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my laptop's bluetooth chip to be recognized by the
driver. I have a Dell Latitude E6500 running 2.6.27-rc6. From lsusb, I
get this output:

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0a5c:4500 Broadcom Corp.
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 2.00
bDeviceClass 9 Hub
bDeviceSubClass 0 Unused
bDeviceProtocol 0 Full speed (or root) hub
bMaxPacketSize0 8
idVendor 0x0a5c Broadcom Corp.
idProduct 0x4500
bcdDevice 1.00
iManufacturer 1 Broadcom
iProduct 2 BCM2046B1

Now, the device is reporting that it's a hub, but the product is most
certainly a bluetooth chip from Broadcom. I tried adding the 0a5c:4500
to the btusb driver, but the driver didn't seem to try to initialize the
device. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to debug this?

Thanks for your help,
Bobby

2008-09-17 21:09:07

by Brad Midgley