2009-07-07 08:47:29

by Balaji Palaniswami

Subject: Bluez Certification

Hi All,

I had a couple of questions related to the BQB qualification
of the Bluez stack and was wondering if someone could help with the same

The BQB certification is of two types – profile and host.
Basically we are trying to get the BQB profile qualification for a BT
dongle.

There are a number of companies that have done the BQB host
side certification for the Bluez stack. Ideally we would like to leverage the
BT host certification done by the other companies for the host side and simply do a profile cert for our device.

The questions I have are the following:
Is 1) Is it possible to reuse a certification done by someone
else? Has this been done before? ( The Helsinki developer meeting minutes from
2008 seem to suggest this has been done before)
2. 2) If it is possible then what is the procedure for the
same?
3. 3) Is there a particular BQ ID that has been made
available for other people to use? 4) Have any devices been qualified for Bluetooth 2.1 with
Bluez?

Thanks,
Balaji.P

Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local http://in.local.yahoo.com/

2009-07-07 17:40:04

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: Bluez Certification

Hi Balaji,

> I had a couple of questions related to the BQB qualification
> of the Bluez stack and was wondering if someone could help with the same
>
> The BQB certification is of two types – profile and host.
> Basically we are trying to get the BQB profile qualification for a BT
> dongle.
>
> There are a number of companies that have done the BQB host
> side certification for the Bluez stack. Ideally we would like to leverage the
> BT host certification done by the other companies for the host side and simply do a profile cert for our device.
>
> The questions I have are the following:
> Is 1) Is it possible to reuse a certification done by someone
> else? Has this been done before? ( The Helsinki developer meeting minutes from
> 2008 seem to suggest this has been done before)

yes, it is possible if kernel version and source code are matching. And
if the BlueZ source code is matching.

> 2) If it is possible then what is the procedure for the
> same?

Just do it. The Bluetooth SIG has a procedure for it. It is a little bit
confusing, but should still work.

> 3) Is there a particular BQ ID that has been made
> available for other people to use?

There are few, but it always depends on 1) and it if matches.

> 4) Have any devices been qualified for Bluetooth 2.1 with
> Bluez?

Yes. Not sure if all of them are listed yet.

Regards

Marcel