2009-09-08 10:25:40

by Kartikey Parmar

Subject: Address not supported by protocol error

Dear friends,

I have prepared an application to connect speech on bluetooth headset.
when I m cross compiling it & running on ARM platform with kernel
2.6.30 and bluez 4.30 cross compiled on it, it gives me an error
"Address family not supported by protocol"

What should I do to overcome this problem?

--
Kartikey Parmar
R&D Software Engg

2009-09-08 17:31:44

by Maxin John

Subject: Re: Address not supported by protocol error

Hi Kartikey,

Make sure that you have enabled the below given option in your kernel
configuration (.config file)
CONFIG_BT_SCO=y

"SCO link provides voice transport over Bluetooth. SCO support is
required for voice applications like
Headset and Audio"

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,