2021-01-20 13:54:26

by Russell Coker

Subject: policy releases

Refpolicy releases tend to be between 4 and 8 months apart. The last release
was 5 months ago. So by past standards a new one could be any time soon.

https://release.debian.org/bullseye/freeze_policy.html

The Debian release schedule has a freeze on new source packages on 2021-02-12.
To get from Unstable to Testing takes 5 days so new sources have to be
uploaded on the 6th of Feb at the latest to get in. Would it be possible to
have a new refpolicy release some time before the 5th of Feb so the next
release of Debian can be as close as possible to upstream?

As an aside I've got just over 7000 lines of patches against the current Git
refpolicy. I'm aiming to get that below 3500 lines before the release.

--
My Main Blog http://etbe.coker.com.au/
My Documents Blog http://doc.coker.com.au/

2021-01-25 15:37:26

by Chris PeBenito

Subject: Re: policy releases

On 1/20/21 7:07 AM, Russell Coker wrote:
> Refpolicy releases tend to be between 4 and 8 months apart. The last release
> was 5 months ago. So by past standards a new one could be any time soon.
>
> https://release.debian.org/bullseye/freeze_policy.html
>
> The Debian release schedule has a freeze on new source packages on 2021-02-12.
> To get from Unstable to Testing takes 5 days so new sources have to be
> uploaded on the 6th of Feb at the latest to get in. Would it be possible to
> have a new refpolicy release some time before the 5th of Feb so the next
> release of Debian can be as close as possible to upstream?

Yes. I was waiting on the dead module removals, but now that is complete, we
can move forward with a release. Merge window for this release will close at
noon on Feb 2 (UTC-4) for release on Feb 3.

--
Chris PeBenito