2008-03-19 22:32:29

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: asynchronous destroy messages

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:38:35AM -0400, Trond Myklebust wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 10:59 -0400, Olga Kornievskaia wrote:
> >
> > Trond Myklebust wrote:

> > > clnt->cl_stats is supposed to point to a statically allocated structure
> > >
> > that is not true for the callback. look at do_probe_callback().
>
> I can see why the rpc_program may needs to change, since the client
> doesn't know a priori what program number the client will choose, but
> why is there a need for a dynamically allocated cb->cb_stat?

I agree--it's not necessary. I was delaying changing that just because
I was confused as to why that memory was still being used after
rpc_shutdown_client() returned. Now I understand--thanks.

But are you sure the module-unload race isn't a concern? Unloading the
nfs module soon after the last nfs mount might not be so rare, and those
tasks could hang around for quite a while, right?

--b.