2013-01-30 19:24:27

by dE

Subject: Cannot see contents of files over NFS share.

I've shares with the following options in export --

anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,secure,no_subtree_check,ro,fsid=0,crossmnt

(Actually it doesn't matter. If I remove all the options except fsid
(which's required for nfs4), it still doesn't work.)

I mount the shares with no options and over localhost.

ls works ok, so does cding to various directories and checking it's
contents, but that's about it.

No program can read the contents of any file; all of them hang, but can
be stopped by an interrupt signal.

--debug --syslog with rpc.nfsd gives nothing at all, just generic
startup messages.

On the same machine, I can mount shares from other NFSv4 servers.

Please help!

2013-01-30 20:20:18

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: Cannot see contents of files over NFS share.

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:53:24AM +0530, dE . wrote:
> I've shares with the following options in export --
>
> anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,secure,no_subtree_check,ro,fsid=0,crossmnt
>
> (Actually it doesn't matter. If I remove all the options except fsid
> (which's required for nfs4),

Actually if you're using a recent distro we recommend not using fsid=0.
Just export as you normally would for v2/v3, and v4 will work too.

--b.

> it still doesn't work.)
>
> I mount the shares with no options and over localhost.
>
> ls works ok, so does cding to various directories and checking it's
> contents, but that's about it.
>
> No program can read the contents of any file; all of them hang, but
> can be stopped by an interrupt signal.
>
> --debug --syslog with rpc.nfsd gives nothing at all, just generic
> startup messages.
>
> On the same machine, I can mount shares from other NFSv4 servers.

2013-01-31 04:23:34

by dE

On 01/31/13 01:50, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> Actually if you're using a recent distro we recommend not using fsid=0.
> Just export as you normally would for v2/v3, and v4 will work too.
>
> --b.

It's still not working. Same issue

I'm running custom kernel --

uname -r
3.4.2-gentoo-r1

With nfsutils version 1.2.6 (say, I've a nfsv41 USE here....)

2013-01-31 05:54:39

by dE

Yes, nfs-utils should've been compiled with nfsv41. Now it works fine.

2013-01-31 18:03:46

by dE

No! It stopped working somehow.

Same old issue