2022-08-29 16:48:51

by Bird, Tim

Subject: Anyone using XFS in an embedded product?

Hey embedded Linux developers,

I have a question for you. Does anyone know of a product or device that is
using "embedded Linux", that uses the XFS filesystem? Especially, does
anyone use an XFS filesystem smaller than 300 MB (that's Megabytes,
not Gigabytes).

The reason I ask is that there is a discussion going on about what limits
to use for the filesystem size with some LTP filesystem tests. If no one uses XFS
in their small embedded projects, then I think it makes sense to only testing filesystem
greater than 300MB.

See https://lore.kernel.org/ltp/YwyYUzvlxfIGpTwo@yuki/
and https://lore.kernel.org/ltp/YwyljsgYIK3AvUr+@pevik/ for some discussions
on this topic.

Please let me know if you are aware of the use of XFS filesystems where the
filesystem size is less than 300MB.

Thanks,
-- Tim Bird
- embedded Linux interested party

2022-09-08 03:35:20

by Steven J. Hill

Subject: Re: Anyone using XFS in an embedded product?

On 8/29/22 11:29, Bird, Tim wrote:
> Hey embedded Linux developers,
>
> I have a question for you. Does anyone know of a product or device that is
> using "embedded Linux", that uses the XFS filesystem? Especially, does
> anyone use an XFS filesystem smaller than 300 MB (that's Megabytes,
> not Gigabytes).

I do not know of any embedded Linux type device that uses XFS. The last
time I worked with XFS, none of the file system sizes were less than 10GB.
My vote would be to not worry about any XFS size smaller than 300MB. $0.02

-Steve

Attachments:
OpenPGP_signature (209.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature