2004-01-18 17:45:48

by Anthony Yulo

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Problems switching usb dongles...

Hi! I have a problems switching usb dongles...

When i installed bluez the bluetooth dongle i used is the one made by TDK... now when i tried using a different dongle, a Billionton class B, it seems linux cannot startup the bluetooth system...

i.e.
"hciconfig hci0 up"

linux outputs a messaging saying the device is not present or not connected.... when i switch back to the TDK dongle, then it was ok...

2004-01-18 18:58:33

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Problems switching usb dongles...

Hi Anthony,

> Hi! I have a problems switching usb dongles...
> When i installed bluez the bluetooth dongle i used is the one made by
> TDK... now when i tried using a different dongle, a Billionton class
> B, it seems linux cannot startup the bluetooth system...
>
> i.e.
> "hciconfig hci0 up"
>
> linux outputs a messaging saying the device is not present or not
> connected.... when i switch back to the TDK dongle, then it was ok...

maybe this is the same problems others saw already with some dongles on
an UHCI USB host controller. Unload and reload the [usb-]uhci.o driver.

Regards

Marcel