2005-09-15 09:22:27

by Luca Pizzamiglio

Subject: [Bluez-devel] multiple btsco istance

by Luca Pizzamiglio

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] multiple btsco istance

Brad,

I could implement the patch of btsco to accept an optional command-line
parameter in order to specify the adapter to bind to.
I think it's the easyest way at the moment.

With one dongle, that's a lot of hard work and now I'm not sure I'm able
to implement this feature.

After that, I could try to solve multiple alsa device issue.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Pizza

Brad Midgley wrote:
> Luca,
>
> It's in our todo list but there is still a significant amount of work to
> do it...
>
> With two dongles, we would need btsco the daemon to accept a
> command-line parameter for the adapter to bind to.
>
> With one dongle, we need to load the sco kernel mod with a parameter
> that tweaks one of the sco settings. This is from memory and it's a bit
> fuzzy.
>
> Either way, we then need to make multiple alsa devices available using
> btsco the kernel mod and work out a way to communicate with the
> corresponding daemon.
>
> Brad
>
> Luca Pizzamiglio wrote:
>
> Hi to all.
>
> I want to establish a SCO connection with btsco with two another device
> (two headset). I need two bluetooth dongle?
> At the moment, when I launch two istance of btsco, only the last works.
>
> Using two dongles, hci0 and hci1, how to tell to btsco what interface to
> use?
>
> Is it possible modify btsco to work with two device or it need kernel
> changes (snd-bt-sco)? I'm studying source code, but I don't clearly
> understand the use of bind syscall before the connect.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Cheers,
> Pizza

> Luca Pizzamiglio
> CEFRIEL - Embedded Systems Design Unit
> Via Fucini, 2 - 20133 MILANO (ITALY)
> Phone: +39 02 23954 343
> e-mail: [email protected]
> ICQ: 5046978
Download it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your
very
own Sony(tm)PSP. Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php

- --
Luca Pizzamiglio