2008-06-26 13:22:44

by Carlo Giuseppe Monaco

Subject: [Bluez-devel] adding PDU and debbugging sdp daemon

Dear Sir,

I'm modifying bluez-libs and bluez-utils (i'm using
3.9 version) to introduce new pdu relating to registration, request and
response of new services.
For example i'm adding new pdu types, defining them into bluez-libs-3.9/include/sdp.h

# define SDP_NEW_REGISTER_REQ 0x85

But
during debugging I returned errno = EINVAL (in function process_request
written in bluez_utils_3.9/sdpd/request.c )and the sdp daemon log file
gets the following result:

Jun 25 21:26:31 pinta-desktop hcid[4967]: Unknown PDU ID : 0x85 received

How can i accept new types of pdu declared?
Is
there a way to debug sdp daemon alternative to log file, for example
using gdb o using particular options in ./configure command? I tried
using --enable-debug option for configure and launching gdb, but they
don't work.

Thanks for your support and sorry for my english.

Best Regards,
Carlo M.

Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger?

(No filename) (247.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Carlo Giuseppe Monaco

Dear Sir,

I'm modifying bluez-libs and bluez-utils (i'm using
3.9 version) to introduce new pdu relating to registration, request and
response of new services.
For example i'm adding new pdu types, defining them into bluez-libs-3.9/include/sdp.h

# define SDP_NEW_REGISTER_REQ 0x85

But
during debugging I returned errno = EINVAL (set by sdp_device_record_register_binary written in sdp.c ) and the sdp daemon log file
gets the following result:

Jun 25 21:26:31 pinta-desktop hcid[4967]: Unknown PDU ID : 0x85 received
(i thintk it's a message sent from function process_request
written in bluez_utils_3.9/sdpd/request.c )

How can i accept new types of pdu declared?
Is
there a way to debug sdp daemon alternative to log file, for example
using gdb o using particular options in ./configure command? I tried
using --enable-debug option for configure and launching gdb, but they
don't work.

Thanks for your support and sorry for my english.

Best Regards,
Carlo M.

(No filename) (247.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)