2008-07-26 15:26:34

by Valerio Valerio

Subject: [Bluez-devel] PassKey Agent question

Hi,

I'm doing a program that use bluetooth for the OpenMoko phones, I need a
passkey agent to allow paring from some devices that resquest that, after I
wrote the a passKey agent I notice that by default the hcid.conf file in the
OpenMoko file system have the security mode set to "auto", so my passkey
agent don't get called, if I change it to "user" everything works fine.
After some search I found a lot of confusing information so my questions are
:

- the Bluez-pin helper in no longer supported right ?
- By default the security mode is set to "auto" ?
- Is possible to change it with some bluez util or command ?

Thanks in advance.

Val?rio Val?rio

http://www.valeriovalerio.org

Attachments:
(No filename) (703.00 B)
(No filename) (879.00 B)
(No filename) (363.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] PassKey Agent question

Hi Valerio,

> I'm doing a program that use bluetooth for the OpenMoko phones, I
> need a passkey agent to allow paring from some devices that resquest
> that, after I wrote the a passKey agent I notice that by default the
> hcid.conf file in the OpenMoko file system have the security mode set
> to "auto", so my passkey agent don't get called, if I change it to
> "user" everything works fine.
> After some search I found a lot of confusing information so my
> questions are :
>
> - the Bluez-pin helper in no longer supported right ?
> - By default the security mode is set to "auto" ?
> - Is possible to change it with some bluez util or command ?

the security mode should be user by default. Maybe you have an old
hcid.conf on your system.

Regards

Marcel