2008-10-05 14:19:55

by John Frankish

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Simple pairing script instead of bluez-gnome

At 12:42 05-10-08, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Oct 5, 2008, at 7:06, John Frankish wrote:
> > I have bluez-4.4 working on a minimal 2.6.26 system - rather than use
> > bluez-gnome to pair, is there a simple script somewhere than would
> > take a PIN and bluetooth address as inputs and pair using dbus?
>
>Sounds like test/simple-agent is what you need (might have been src/
>simple-agent in 4.4). If you run it with
>./simple-agent hci0 <remote address>
>it will use D-Bus to initiate pairing and ask you for the PIN
>interactively (on stdin). It should also be quite trivial to modify
>this script if you prefer to give the PIN from the command line
>directly. Btw, I'd recommend that you update to the latest bluez
>version (4.11) since we've fixed plenty of bugs since 4.4.
>
>Johan
Thanks - I was hoping for something that would work with bash/sh -
but this is a good start.
After installing python, I get:

$ simple-agent hci0 00:1E:45:8B:2A:33
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/simple-agent", line 3, in <module>
import gobject
ImportError: No module named gobject

I guess this means that either bluez-4.11 should be compiled against
python, or (more likely) I need some kind of python glib module?

by Johan Hedberg

Hi John,

On Oct 5, 2008, at 16:19, John Frankish wrote:
> $ simple-agent hci0 00:1E:45:8B:2A:33
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/local/bin/simple-agent", line 3, in <module>
> import gobject
> ImportError: No module named gobject
>
> I guess this means that either bluez-4.11 should be compiled against
> python, or (more likely) I need some kind of python glib module?

That means that you're missing the glib bindings for python.
Additionally you'll also need the D-Bus python bindings to use the
script.

Johan