2008-11-04 04:26:38

by Deker

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Multiple simultaneous audio streams?

Hi,

I am working on a project where it would be desirable to have audio
streams going to more than one SCO audio device at a time. My quick test
today of playing a WAV file with mplayer to two different devices didn't
work and bluetoothd was reporting "connection refused" when I tried to
get the second stream going. Once the first playback finished, I was
able to then play to the second device.

So, I suppose m question is if BlueZ supports audio to multiple SCO
devices at the same time? If not, what might be involved in making it work?

Thanks,

-d

by Deker

Oops. I forgot to mention that this is with BlueZ 4.13.

-d

deker wrote:
> I've changed the MaxConnections setting and now I'm seeing something
> different (this must mean I'm getting closer :)
>
> I'm using the following config/comandline to play audio:
>
> audio.conf:
> [General]
> SCORouting=PCM
> [Headset]
> HFP=False
> MaxConnections=2
>
> ~/.asoundrc:
>
> pcm.bluetooth {
> type bluetooth
> device 00:0B:2E:D5:27:DA
> profile auto
> }
> pcm.bluetooth2 {
> type bluetooth
> device 00:0B:2E:D4:EC:31
> profile auto
> }
>
> mplayer command lines:
>
> mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth test.wav
> mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth2 test.wav
>
> Either execution of mplayer works properly as long as the other isn't
> streaming to the device. If one is already running, mplayer reports the
> following:
>
> [AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_bluetooth.c:464:(bluetooth_hsp_hw_params)
> BT_SETCONFIGURATION failed : Input/output error(5)
> [AO_ALSA] Unable to set hw-parameters: Input/output error
> Could not open/initialize audio device -> no sound.
> Audio: no sound
> Video: no video
>

> Exiting... (End of file)
>
> Also, it seems that I'm losing the beginning of the sample in playback.
> I assume this is due to the delay of setting up the connection to the
> headset, but I was wondering if there was a way to avoid this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -d
>

> Johan Hedberg wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Nov 03, 2008, deker wrote:
>>

>>> I am working on a project where it would be desirable to have audio
>>> streams going to more than one SCO audio device at a time. My quick test
>>> today of playing a WAV file with mplayer to two different devices didn't
>>> work and bluetoothd was reporting "connection refused" when I tried to
>>> get the second stream going. Once the first playback finished, I was
>>> able to then play to the second device.
>>>
>>> So, I suppose m question is if BlueZ supports audio to multiple SCO
>>> devices at the same time? If not, what might be involved in making it work?
>>>

>> If you're using BlueZ 4.17 or later you'll need to add something like
>> MaxConnections=2
>> to the [Headset] section in /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf to be able to
>> create a service level connection to more than 1 device.
>>
>> Johan

by Deker

Johan Hedberg wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2008, deker wrote:
>
>> I am working on a project where it would be desirable to have audio
>> streams going to more than one SCO audio device at a time. My quick test
>> today of playing a WAV file with mplayer to two different devices didn't
>> work and bluetoothd was reporting "connection refused" when I tried to
>> get the second stream going. Once the first playback finished, I was
>> able to then play to the second device.
>>
>> So, I suppose m question is if BlueZ supports audio to multiple SCO
>> devices at the same time? If not, what might be involved in making it work?
>>

> If you're using BlueZ 4.17 or later you'll need to add something like
> MaxConnections=2
> to the [Headset] section in /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf to be able to
> create a service level connection to more than 1 device.
>
> Johan

by Johan Hedberg

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008, deker wrote:
> I am working on a project where it would be desirable to have audio
> streams going to more than one SCO audio device at a time. My quick test
> today of playing a WAV file with mplayer to two different devices didn't
> work and bluetoothd was reporting "connection refused" when I tried to
> get the second stream going. Once the first playback finished, I was
> able to then play to the second device.
>
> So, I suppose m question is if BlueZ supports audio to multiple SCO
> devices at the same time? If not, what might be involved in making it work?

If you're using BlueZ 4.17 or later you'll need to add something like
MaxConnections=2
to the [Headset] section in /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf to be able to
create a service level connection to more than 1 device.

Johan

by Deker

Speech quality is all we need. If I can get 2 8Khz output streams going
to 2 devices and 1 8Khz input stream from one device I'll be happy.

If somebody can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

-d

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> I am working on a project where it would be desirable to have audio
>> streams going to more than one SCO audio device at a time. My quick
>> test
>> today of playing a WAV file with mplayer to two different devices
>> didn't
>> work and bluetoothd was reporting "connection refused" when I tried to
>> get the second stream going. Once the first playback finished, I was
>> able to then play to the second device.
>>
>> So, I suppose m question is if BlueZ supports audio to multiple SCO
>> devices at the same time? If not, what might be involved in making
>> it work?
>>

> do you wanna do speech quality or CD quality audio streaming?
>
> And yes, BlueZ does support it, but there are limitations from the
> Bluetooth radio. So you really need to know what you wanna do.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann