2008-08-30 12:06:40

by Wei Lei

Subject: [Bluez-users] Using bluez in virtual machine

Hi,

It appears to me that using USB Bluetooth adapters with bluez facilities is
possible in a virtual machine, when the USB port is delegated to the guest
OS. However It did not work when I experiment, the host OS is Windows XP and
guest OS is ubuntu-8.04. I am using VMWare workstation 5. Could someone tell
where the problem is?

I have configured VMWare to use windows USB devices. When a bluetooth
adapter is plugged in, tail -f /var/log/messages shows the usb device is
connected.

$ lsusb shows:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth
Dongle (HCI mode)

But `hcitool dev` shows no device is connected. This is part of the strace
log:

socket(PF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_RAW, 1) = 3
brk(0) = 0x8052000
brk(0x8073000) = 0x8073000