2008-08-20 13:15:06

by Fritz Code

Subject: [Bluez-users] Problem with CreateBonding after update 3.31 -> 3.36

After the update Im haveing a problem with create a bonding.
With 3.31 everything worked fine. With 3.36 after calling CreateBonding I
get the following error:

"Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application
did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the
reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken."

Anyone an idea what there might go wrong?

Reading the ChangeLog I figured out that with v3.33 support for simple
pairing was added. I'm not sure what this exactly means, but I guess this
means pairing without using a PasskeyAgent. So it shouldn't affect me.

--Codefritz

Attachments:
(No filename) (661.00 B)
(No filename) (771.00 B)
(No filename) (363.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by thanit sara

Subject: [Bluez-users] How to access the RSSI value from the "inquiry_result_format_with_RSSI" (from newbie)

Dear all, I am trying to implement the code to get rssi values from near by devices. I have successfully changed the inquiry mode to be 0x01 and sent out the inquiry. I can see from the "Hci dump" that it is working, I can see the inquiry result with RSSI values. However, My problem is how can I get(/keep) those rssi values so that I can use them later on.I know there is a struct "inquiry_info_with_rssi", but what should I assign to this to get the response value.Please give me some hint so that I could move on. Your kindness is greatly appreciated.Below is my code.//Set up an event filter looking after the inquiry related events struct hci_filter InqFilter; hci_filter_clear(&InqFilter); hci_filter_set_ptype(HCI_EVENT_PKT, &InqFilter); hci_filter_set_event(EVT_INQUIRY_RESULT, &InqFilter); hci_filter_set_event(EVT_INQUIRY_RESULT_WITH_RSSI, &InqFilter); hci_filter_set_event(EVT_INQUIRY_COMPLETE, &InqFilter); if (setsockopt(sock, SOL_HCI, HCI_FILTER
, &InqFilter, sizeof(InqFilter)) < 0) { perror("Fail to setup filter!"); exit(1); } //***************************************************** //inquiry with the RSSI result inquiry_info_with_rssi read_rssi; //Note **I try to define this struct variable here, but not sure what to assign to it. write_inquiry_mode_cp cpp; cpp.mode = 0x01; //set inquiry mode int set_Inquiring = hci_send_cmd(sock, OGF_HOST_CTL, OCF_WRITE_INQUIRY_MODE, WRITE_INQUIRY_MODE_RP_SIZE, &cpp); inquiry_cp cp; cp.lap[0] =0x33; cp.lap[1] =0x8b; cp.lap[2] =0x9e; cp.length = 4; //=4*1.28second = 5seconds cp.num_rsp =0; //do inquiry int Inquiring = hci_send_cmd(sock, OGF_LINK_CTL,OCF_INQUIRY , INQUIRY_CP_SIZE, &cp); if (Inquiring < 0) { printf("starting to inquire: %d\n",Inquiring); exit(1); } else printf ("Done inquiry with RSSI!\n"); printf("rssi value = %d \n", read_rssi.rssi);
close( sock );//close socket//***************************************************** Best regards,Newbie

by Fritz Code

Its seems there might be a problem during the registration of my passkey
agent:

hcid[149]: register_passkey_agent called without any adapter info!

As already said, with 3.31 I dont have this problems...

thanks

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Fritz Code <[email protected]>wrote:

> After the update Im haveing a problem with create a bonding.
> With 3.31 everything worked fine. With 3.36 after calling CreateBonding I
> get the following error:
>
> "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application
> did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the
> reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken."
>
> Anyone an idea what there might go wrong?
>
> Reading the ChangeLog I figured out that with v3.33 support for simple
> pairing was added. I'm not sure what this exactly means, but I guess this
> means pairing without using a PasskeyAgent. So it shouldn't affect me.
>

> --
> Regards,
> --Codefritz

--Codefritz