2008-09-28 19:40:00

by Breno Jacinto

Subject: [Bluez-users] BNEP Broadcasting

Hello,

I'm working on an experiment involving the Bluetooth network with
the PAN profile enabled and BNEP implemented in a simple scenario: one
master node with the GN role enabled, and another one with the PANU
role.

According to the BNEP spec, page 16, it's said:

"Either the destination or the source address may be an IEEE Ethernet
address, if
the actual destination/source is an IEEE device and not a Bluetooth device.
BNEP shall use IEEE Ethernet broadcast and multicast addresses for the sour=
ce
and/or destination addresses for broadcast and multicast packets."

So, I suppose that broadcasting should be supported in a BNEP
network, just like an Ethernet network? I'm concerned about this
because I'm trying to broadcast a message from PANU to other devices
(in this case, just the master) and vice-versa, without any success.

If someone is aware of how this could be achieved, or if I'm
misunderstanding something, please share your opnion.

best regards,

-- =

-- =

:: Breno Jacinto ::
:: breno - at - gprt.ufpe.br ::
:: FingerPrint ::
2F15 8A61 F566 E442 8581
E3C0 EFF4 E202 74B7 7484
:: Persistir no dif=EDcil =E9 a =FAnica maneira de torn=E1-lo f=E1cil algum=
dia. ::