2008-12-20 12:19:25

by manuel gysin

Subject: [Bluez-users] BlueZ4.x, headset and oss problem

Hello,

I've manged to get my headset running with BlueZ4. Sound and Voice is
working very well with Skype.

Now I tried to use my headset with teamspeak. I tried to run it with
aoss teamspeak, but the problem is now I have no /dev/dspx device for
the headset.

Is there a way to solve this?

Greets and thanks

Manuel

by manuel gysin

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] BlueZ4.x, headset and oss problem

Hi Marcel,

> Hi Manuel,
>
>> I've manged to get my headset running with BlueZ4. Sound and Voice is
>> working very well with Skype.
>>
>> Now I tried to use my headset with teamspeak. I tried to run it with
>> aoss teamspeak, but the problem is now I have no /dev/dspx device for
>> the headset.
>
> I don't even have any idea what /dev/dspx is used for. Remember that all
> Bluetooth audio is virtual and lives in userspace. So if you require a
> kernel device node, then the kernel (meaning ALSA) has to do some magic
> here.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

/dev/dspx should be an oss device like /dev/dsp0.
In the old version of BlueZ there was a plugin called snd-bt-sco and
created an entry under /proc/asounds/cards.

With that the oss emulation created a dsp-device of the alsa device. But
the wiki tells that this is no longer needed.

I use a 2.6.26 kernel with "ALSA for SoC audio support" (I know SoC is
not ScO, I think this is not what I'm need).

My problem is now, that I can't use the aoss command cause there is no
card entry for the headset and so no /dev/dspx will be created.

I searched around the internet but find nothing about it. So I don't
know if it a mistake from my side or bluez does not have such a feature.

The man page of aoss told me that I can "fake" such e device with
"pcm.dsp0 { type plug slave.pcm "headset" }"
in ~/.asoundrc.
But this will not work, there is no such routing to the bluetooth device.

Regards
Manuel

PS: I hope my English is not to bad to understand

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Manuel,