2008-11-07 10:40:40

by Dean Jenkins

Subject: Are there any drivers that use aead.ko

Hi,

Are there any example drivers that make use of aead.ko ?

Is it true that an AEAD driver can perform encryption and hashing in a single
call ?

I assume aead.ko is designed for hardware crypto drivers that can do both
encryption and hashing concurrently. Am I correct ?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,
Dean Jenkins
MontaVista software

2008-11-10 06:57:33

by Herbert Xu

Subject: Re: Are there any drivers that use aead.ko

Dean Jenkins <[email protected]> wrote:

> Are there any example drivers that make use of aead.ko ?

drivers/crypto/talitos

> Is it true that an AEAD driver can perform encryption and hashing in a single
> call ?

Apparently yes according to Bilbo.

> I assume aead.ko is designed for hardware crypto drivers that can do both
> encryption and hashing concurrently. Am I correct ?

That's one application. Another reason is to support combined-
mode algorithms.

Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[email protected]>