2008-04-03 04:12:27

by Szabolcs Szakacsits

Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Linux POSIX file system test suite

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Joel Becker wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 12:29:47AM +0300, Szabolcs Szakacsits wrote:
> > The test suite mostly checks POSIX compliance and works for FreeBSD,
> > Solaris, and Linux with UFS, ZFS, ext3, and NTFS-3G file systems. The list
> > of system calls tested is: chmod, chown, link, mkdir, mkfifo, open, rename,
> > rmdir, symlink, truncate, unlink. There are currently 1950 regression
> > tests.
> <snip>
> > Availability:
> >
> > http://ntfs3g.org/sw/qa/pjd-fstest-20080402.tgz
>
> Very interesting. ocfs2, running as 'ext3' mode, gets:
>
> Failed 9/184 test scripts, 95.11% okay. 32/1950 subtests failed, 98.36% okay.

That's not bad as a start and it doesn't necessarily mean that there is
anything wrong with ocfs2. There are many cases when SuS says that the
behavior can be implementation specific.

But we did find that following ext3 as close as possible will reduce the
number of bug reports. We started from "574/1950 subtests failed, 70.56%
okay."

Regards,
Szaka

--