2004-02-14 15:53:54

by wim delvaux

Subject: nfs / cdroms / autofs - revisited

Hi all,

Just read that many of you have the same problem as I do : how to unmount a
cdrom using autofs and nfs.

It seems that you do not even have to mount the nfs-exported cdrom from some
client for the cdrom to become unusable. If you insert a medium and reboot
the export (the nfsd) mounts but never unlocks the cdrom even if no remote
nfs-mount request was issued.

I wonder why this happens ? What are the ussues here ? Why can't nfs
lazy-mount filesystems ? I am using 2.6 kernel.

Thx