2007-11-29 03:59:27

by NeilBrown

Subject: Re: [NFS] nfs-utils crossmnt/fsid bug

On Monday November 26, [email protected] wrote:
> > When exported a filesystems with option inherited (by the crossmnt
> > option) from a higherlevel filesystem, ignore filesystem specific
> > options like FSID and explicit UUID.
>
> Looks right to me. I'm confused about uuid's--how does the non-explicit
> UUID case work?

Thanks, though on reflection I don't think we need to do the
'stat's. Just checking the path names should be sufficient, but I will
double check.

non-explicit UUIDs are derived using libblkid, typically a UUID out of
the filesystem that is being exported.
The only problem is that it appears that libblkid isn't as efficient
as one might like and if you have hundreds of mounts, mountd can slow
down. I still need to look into that.

NeilBrown