2007-11-16 01:10:25

by NeilBrown

Subject: Re: uuid/blkid performance problem with large number of mounts - was: Re: stale nfs file handle with exported loopback mounts

On Thursday November 15, [email protected] wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 21:07 +0100, [email protected] wrote:
> > > Is it possible to turn this feature off on sourceforge? I
> >
> > yes - iirc, i have seen projects without a tracker or without other
> > option, being on by default.
> >
> > if you want to disable it, maybe this one helps:
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/docs/G03/en/#tracker
>
> That would have to be up to Neil since he is the only one with
> administrator rights on that list.

Actually there are several people with admin rights, some of which I
haven't heard from for ages.
Chip Salzenberg
H.J. Lu
Jay Weber
Marc Merlin
Neil Brown
steved

Anyway, I have made the 4 trackers (bugs, patches, support requests,
feature requests) visible to group members only. I suspect it would
be good for someone to go through at least the more recent ones.
There is one with patches for man page typos, one with a patch to use
netlink instead of ioctl to get list of local interfaces, one
reporting that nfsstat doesn't match the man page (--mounts or
--mounted) etc.

If anyone would like to dig through it and post the things that still
seem relevant, I'd be happy to make you a member of the group (if you
aren't already).

NeilBrown

by Trond Myklebust

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 12:10 +1100, Neil Brown wrote:

> If anyone would like to dig through it and post the things that still
> seem relevant, I'd be happy to make you a member of the group (if you
> aren't already).

I was one of the original members when that group was founded, but
appear to have fallen out of grace over the years :-)

I don't know that I'll have time to do anything about it over the next
few days, but if you make me a member, I'll try to scan through the
stuff some time in the non-too-distant future.

Cheers
Trond

by Trond Myklebust

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 20:57 -0500, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 12:10 +1100, Neil Brown wrote:
>
> > If anyone would like to dig through it and post the things that still
> > seem relevant, I'd be happy to make you a member of the group (if you
> > aren't already).
>
> I was one of the original members when that group was founded, but
> appear to have fallen out of grace over the years :-)
>
> I don't know that I'll have time to do anything about it over the next
> few days, but if you make me a member, I'll try to scan through the
> stuff some time in the non-too-distant future.

Oh... My sourceforge username is still 'trondmy'

by J. Bruce Fields

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 08:57:48PM -0500, Trond Myklebust wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 12:10 +1100, Neil Brown wrote:
>
> > If anyone would like to dig through it and post the things that still
> > seem relevant, I'd be happy to make you a member of the group (if you
> > aren't already).
>
> I was one of the original members when that group was founded, but
> appear to have fallen out of grace over the years :-)
>
> I don't know that I'll have time to do anything about it over the next
> few days, but if you make me a member, I'll try to scan through the
> stuff some time in the non-too-distant future.

I probably won't do anything with it anytime soon either, but if you
could add me too (I seem to have an account under "jbfields") if you
think it might help.

--b.